Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Tuesday Tennis

Hey Hey to all you peeps reading this. Today was like the 4th, or 5th session of tennis. I think the batch has been improving a lot, since we had our first lesson.

Well erm.. maybe Jonathan hasn’t got much more to improve. Oh and by the way next time perhaps we could try out less IMBA teamings when playing King??!! Today Jonathan and Ram were like perma staying at the other side of the court… and one more thing, Jonathan if you’re reading this, hope you would stop playing BeyBlade when the rest of us are doing plain tennis. Really, the way you spin it… ah well… I suppose with more practice I’ll soon be able to spin it like Roger. Or Nadal. Or Maria. Or maybe even Jonathan. Or Ram then. Maybe.

I find that being allowed to play with each other improves me more than doing drills. Well of course, we gotta have some drills before we’re allowed to go duel against each other… but for now, I think I just need more practice.

I’m actually rather disappointed at the way I’ve been playing. That’s because I rather expected to be OK at it after a while. But its been a while, and yet I’m still missing so many balls… by the way, sorry if I’m focusing too much on myself. (:

To all those who play Badminton and/or Table Tennis, I suppose you also realize that its rather different from tennis… the main thing is that both Table Tennis and Badminton use lots and lots of wrist actions, and to use the wrist in tennis… hmm… well for now, it sometimes works, but I suppose it’s because we’re still rather NOOBY, so as long as the ball gets over the net, its fine. Haha. With badminton and ping pong, most of the time you just need to flick your arms/wrist a bit and the ball would fly back. But for tennis still gotta remember to bring the arm backwards. Its sometimes rather troublesome, so in the end we forget to move it backwards and just sort of deflect the ball back so it flies up high in the air, leaving it open for smashes by the other side. But no worries for that now, because most of the time anybody attempts smashes, they just underestimate and hit too low, so it goes into the net. So they basically self-JAG.

I suppose the standings (I mean, you never heard of sittings right?) for tennis pro-ness goes as follows:

Jonathan
Ram/De Hong
Chee Yeow
Chu Yong/Ivan

Well the rest (including me) I suppose are somewhere in the top ten also, but I’m not really sure of the rankings.. Haha.

One question I’ve been pondering over though, who do you think is the Lao Da between the two coaches? The older and more tan one, or the Younger GL hair one? Hmm… I think it’s the older one.

And Kevin seems to be some hot favorite for the younger coach. He whole day ‘koala’ here, ‘koala’ there.

I hope my badminton and table tennis skills don’t suffer as a result of trying to adapt to tennis playing style… who else in our batch plays badminton or table tennis??? Hope we get to play them some time… it’d be much fun.

Seriously.

And Yan Wei pangseh me and Kelvin walao! Never wait for us a while…

:D


DONE BY WEEKIEN. Yanwei is just helping me post cos I don’t have a blogger account.

And Yanwei here says: Yea right, wait for bus 20 minutes and then still wait for another 20 minutes thanks to you guys. I don’t have a life to waste, dude.

No comments: